Friday, April 2, 2010

Frogs and Snails...

What a day April 1, 2010 was!  Not only did we have record breaking temperatures of 82 degrees in Milwaukee, but we found out that the Staebler household will be back to even come August.

IT'S A BOY!!!

Justin, Maddie and I had the pleasure of seeing our little man at our 20-week ultrasound yesterday.  As nervous as I was that the baby would not cooperate, the very first shot we saw was his "boy parts".  Needless to say, he does not appear to be shy as he made sure we were aware of his gender several times throughout the ultrasound!

We are so thankful and feel so blessed to be welcoming our second, seemingly healthy child into our family.  All indicators point towards a healthy, thriving little boy.  His heart is strong and pumping, lips are clear of clefts, brain and all other vital organs appear to be growing normally and he is, as the doctor put it, "very active".  He is measuring at 15 ounces, 95th percentile at this stage, which gives me hope for an early delivery.  Fingers crossed we won't be waiting until August 16th to meet this little guy...

I've been very fortunate with both of my pregnancies to feel good and healthy throughout.  Though only halfway done with this one, everything has been good thus far and I am thankful that my body seems to handle being pregnant well.  Sleeping is already a little challenging since I am a tummy sleeper (sorry Chris, I know it's bad for my neck, but it's so comfortable!), but other than a few minor discomforts here and there I really have nothing to complain about.  It took me a little longer to get my energy back this time, but I'm finally starting to feel like myself again and have even found the energy to get back into my regular work out routines that I know are so important.  I have to say though, I am really looking forward to getting back into running shape after the baby is born.  Hopefully by the time the next one comes I will be in strong enough running shape to continue running throughout pregnancy...this time, not so much, hahaha!

There is nothing I love being more than a mom. All my life it's all I have dreamed of. My sister told me when I had Maddie, "You will love Justin more than you ever imagined once that baby is born." What a true statement! Of course, I loved Justin from day one and knew he was the one for me, but it really is amazing how your love changes for the better when you have children. Seeing Justin interact with Maddie is so inspiring and I cannot wait for him to teach our son to be as good and loving as he is. I am so lucky to be married to such an amazing man and father (even if I don't tell him that enough).

Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.  We can't wait to meet our little man and introduce him to all the love and support of our amazing family and friends.  Happy Easter to all of you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS