Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Fun Stuff

Well it didn't take long.  I think we have found the bedding we are going to put in the baby's room.  I'll probably forego the quilt for now, but I may add it as a wall hanging...still deciding on that.  Here are some pictures:





The walls will just be a light tan, probably the same color we did in Maddie's room, and I'm going to do tan roman shades for window coverings with some red accents throughout.  It will be a vintage sports theme overall.  We have yet to pick out the crib, but plan to go with a medium cherry finish, similar to what is in the picture above.  Decorating is a passion of mine, so I am looking forward to having a new room to do!

Maddie will be getting a newly decorated room as well.  We'll be transitioning her to a toddler bed soon and had a really cute quilt that someone had given us when she was born that we'll be decorating around.  Right now, she wants nothing to do with the quilt, choosing her beloved blankie to cover her at night.  Eventually, she's going to have to make the switch as she is growing like a weed and blankie isn't going to provide much coverage for very long.  Here is a picture of the inspiration quilt:



The walls are going a soft yellow, with white wainscoting on the lower half.  Her furniture is a dark espresso color, so I think the light walls will contrast beautifully.  Here is a picture of a nursery with this bedding and the yellow walls.



I'm hoping Maddie will like her new room.  She has already approved the color and the bright colors in the bedding are a perfect fit for her personality.  Miss Madelyn is all girl.  We call her the bug hunter.  She can spot them from a mile away and as soon as they are in sight we hear, "Dad! Bug! Get it!"  Followed by, "My get it," and then, "No, Daddy get it," when the tissue is handed to her for retrieval.  She always has to see it after you get it to make sure it's dead.  I can appreciate this, as I also hate bugs, but I swear to you it was not taught to her.  Her fear of bugs is all-natural :)

All I need now is the weather to warm up so I can open the windows and paint!  My sister and mom have both volunteered to help, so it should be a quick weekend project.  I love weekend projects and our house surely provides no shortage of them.  I think I'll send Maddie and Justin out to work on the yard while we paint and prepare for baby inside. 

This is the fun stuff.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! So happy for you guys and your new little man. Can't wait till he arrives and till I get to meet him.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS