Monday, July 19, 2010

Waiting on Baby...

Well I blinked and all of the sudden it's July 19th.  Happy FIRST Birthday to the twins - Anna and Christine Berton!!  I can't believe how fast time has flown.

This summer has found us running all over the place and our weekends have been and continue to be full.  Needless to say, I haven't had much time for blogging, but this weekend we completed Jack's room so I wanted to share some pictures of that.  We are all set now, just waiting on Baby!!  28 days to go...

Looking in from the hallway.  I plan to add some pictures under his name after he is born.
Looking towards the hallway from the closet area

I took the pictures above the crib.  We still need some things on the wall shelves, but all in all, we're pretty happy with the way the room turned out.

This is the dresser from our old bedroom set - reinvented as a changing table.  I bought the tin stars and painted them a distressed red finish.

The bedding is called Jr. Varsity from Pottery Barn Kids.  We opted to not get the quilt, but it may be something we add later when he moves to a toddler bed.

I made this lamp shade.  Just took a plain white lamp shade and glued ribbon to it. I was trying to coordinate it with the bed skirt.

We found this chair on a whim and it ended up working perfectly in the space.  Justin actually picked it out.  Nice job, J!  Should be great for late night feedings as it's incredibly comfortable.  It swivels, rocks and reclines and the white stitching and rugged leather reminded me of a football.


My sister gave me two bins of clothes from her boys to look through.  I've only gotten through one, but she had some great stuff and combined with the things we bought on our shopping trip a few weeks ago, I think we are set, at least for the beginning, and once he's here and we know how big he is I'll take a look through bin #2.  The neighbor has offered to let us borrow clothes from their son as well.  I'm so thankful to be surrounded by such generous people!!

We're ready!  We have diapers, bottles, formula, we've busted out all of the old gear (and it now seems our house is busting at the seams)...all we need is you, Jack! 

August 16th is just 28 days away!!  I go to the Dr. Thursday, so we'll see if it's looking like you will wait until then or join the clan a little earlier.  Either way, it's just around the corner and we can't wait to meet you buddy!

Next up...finishing Maddie's room.  I'm struggling with getting things on the wall - and organizing the multitude of toys she has.  Note to new parents- two dressers are not necessary.  You'll likely want to add other storage pieces later, so my (unsolicited) advice is to go with the crib and short dresser/changing table.

Off to play with Madelyn!  Be well everyone:)

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS