Among the challenges facing me when we decided not to find out the sex of the baby before it is born was what I was going to do with the baby's room. Of course, the struggle stemmed more from the inner turmoil of taking Jack's things out of the room than from anything else, but I just did it slowly over time and though some days were harder than others, we made it through. In fact, I even managed to work some of Jack's things into this room as well, even with a completely different theme and color scheme. So...on with the show.
This elephant was one of Jack's favorite things to play with and chew on and the cross was a baptism gift for Jack from his godparents - my sister, Molly, and brother-in-law, Adam. Kind of an appropriate proverb to keep in this room, huh? In case you can't read it, it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart."
I will likely add another color in after the baby is born, but for now, I am really happy with how it turned out. Hopefully baby will be happy too:) Just a few more weeks to go!!!
I'm not even sure how or exactly when the theme came to me, but I decided on elephants. Not only because I think they are some of the cutest things on the planet, but elephants never forget and I found a little solace in basing the room around that idea. In doing so, elephants have kind of become the mascot for our family...they are creeping up all over our house. Elephants never forget, and neither will we.
Jack's room was a vintage sports theme. It had tan walls and kind of a red, white and blue color scheme over all. You can see more in his reveal post here. Initially, I was going to just keep the walls tan and do brown and green neutral bedding...but I wasn't loving anything I saw. So, I searched the good old internet and I came across this nursery reveal. I. Was. In. Love.
I went online and ordered pretty much all of the same fabric she used and got to work following her tutorials for the bedskirt and book slings. I am very proud to say that I made almost everything in this room. I'm sure most of you don't want a step-by-step of how I did everything I did, so I'm just going to start a photo bomb now:) Without further ado, I introduce you to baby #3's nursery! I apologize about the quality of some of these. The lighting in our house is terrible.
View from the hallway
Book Sling
This elephant was one of Jack's favorite things to play with and chew on and the cross was a baptism gift for Jack from his godparents - my sister, Molly, and brother-in-law, Adam. Kind of an appropriate proverb to keep in this room, huh? In case you can't read it, it says "Trust in the Lord with all your heart."
This elephant was the first gift for baby, from Grandma H. Madelyn has been taking good care of it, feeding it and taking it to the "watering hole". She has asked if Grandma can please buy her one too:)
I will likely add another color in after the baby is born, but for now, I am really happy with how it turned out. Hopefully baby will be happy too:) Just a few more weeks to go!!!






























Beautiful room! Love it so much, you did an amazing job. Can't wait to see the final additions.
ReplyDeleteAnnie! This Room is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I am so inspired by you and your journey...not only your decorating but your journey in your Faith too. I love reading your blogs...Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteI am so thrilled that my room helped inspire your beautiful nursery!! Everything turned out so great. Congrats on your beautiful, growing family!
ReplyDeletexo,
-e
I love it! Very cool theme and colors are very pretty. Turned out great and good job on making it all. I would love to be able to sew like that. Baby #3 is going to love it.
ReplyDelete