Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Busy Busy Busy

Weddings, anniversaries, babies, holidays...these are just some of the things that have been keeping us busy since my last post.  Since it is impossible for me to capture everything in one post, you'll have to bear with me as I back track to past happenings in future posts.  For now, however, let me take a minute to introduce you to the newest member of the Staebler family...meet Samuel James Staebler, born December 1, 2011 at 5:10am!!


I don't even think I can begin to convey how amazing it has been to have Sam around.  As with Madelyn and Jack, it immediately felt like he has been part of our family forever.  But, as you can imagine, things have been a little different this time around.  There has been a little (ok a lot) more fear and a little lot more prayer, but beyond that, we all feel some renewed hope and happiness in our hearts having Sammy here with us.  I will devote some more time in another post to how this little boy has affected our grieving process, but today I want to share where Sam is at one month old.

Yesterday, I took Sam in for his one month well baby check up.  Here is a quick look at the progress he's made over the last month:

December 1, 2011 (Sam's Birthday!!)
Weight: 7lbs 8oz
Length: 20 inches

December 6, 2011 (5 Days Old)
Weight: 7lbs 4.5oz (our Dr. told me this was amazing...)
Length: 21.25 inches (probably likely he was more like 20.5 inches when he was born)
Head: 35cm

December 16, 2011 (15 Days Old)
Weight: 8lbs 9oz
Length: 21.5 inches
Head: 36.6cm

January 3, 2012 (1 Month Old)
Weight: 10lbs 8.5oz (yes, he gained 2 lbs in 2 weeks!!!)
Length: 22.5 inches
Head: 38.3cm

Essentially, he is in the 75th percentile for weight and head and about the 90th for length.  We have determined he has "quarterback hands" because his fingers are crazy long.  He also has long toes, so our doctor thinks he will be tall.  Time will tell I guess!!

Sammy, here are a few other things I want to remember about you at this age:
  • You have just now (this week) outgrown newborn clothes and are making your way into the 3 month size.
  • You LOVE to be held and snuggle.
  • You are a nuky boy...when in doubt we grab the nuk and usually it does the trick.
  • You are very tolerant of your sister, who seems to constantly be hugging, kissing or poking you, but you do let her have it when she oversteps her bounds.
  • You eat every 3 hours, though during the day I have to wake you up to eat.
  • You are sleeping about 3-4 hours at a time.  Who knows how long you'd go during the day if I didn't wake you to eat though.  I only have to get up with you once during the night because Daddy feeds you around 10:30 or 11 and then you sleep until 2 or 3.  I don't mind it because I know it's only for a short time and it's time we get all to ourselves with just peace and quiet.
  • You still have most of the spikey reddish-blonde hair you were born with, though it is thinning out a little bit.
  • You are starting to smile.  They are pretty random and infrequent at this point, but boy oh boy do your smiles melt our hearts.
  • You are not a very quiet baby.  You make all kinds of noises when you sleep - grunts, squeaks, big sighs.  I should really get this on video, but I notice it most when you are sleeping next to our bed at night...and I have to be honest, I find it a little annoying then;) But then I remind myself, if I hear those noises it means you are still there breathing next to me, and I thank God for that.
  • You love your bouncy seat and are starting to also like the new Mamroo Grandma H got you for Christmas...I think you just like to move!
  • Here are a few pictures I took on January 1st to document you at one month old:





I had to throw that last one in to show how he really felt about the photo shoot;)  Happy New Year everyone!  I pray that 2012 brings you blessings beyond belief!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS