Holy bananas it's been a while! My apologies for the lack of posting. Life has been so busy for us and time is just flying by!
My sweet little Sam is already 6 months old! What?!?!? When did that happen? No, it's true, he's already halfway through his first year of life. I'm very happy to say he is thriving and continues to bring such joy to our lives. I realize I missed his five month old stats, but I assure you I am doing my best to record everything in his baby book for him. Sorry, Mom, I know how the third child can get shafted with the records so I'm doing my best to keep up:)
Sammy - here is a snapshot of you at 6 months old...
Weight: 19lbs 4 oz (85th percentile)
Height: 28 1/3 inches (off the charts)
Head: 46cm (I think, I can't remember exactly...this is also off the charts)
Sleeping: You're doing better, but you are still the worst sleeper of the three. Maybe we've made you too dependent on your nuk, but you wake up a lot more than your sister and brother did during the night. You absolutely will not sleep without a sleep sack. I like to call it your cocoon because once we zip you up into that thing you turn your head to the side and go right to sleep. Recently, you've started sleeping on your side and you move all over the bed! We sometimes look in to find you laying on your side or half on your side with your feet up on the side of your crib. It's anyone's guess where you will be in the bed when we come to get you up from your nap.
Tricks: You can roll both ways now. You started rolling from your tummy to your back at about 4 and a half months and just last week went from your back onto your tummy. We can't keep you on your tummy. As soon as we put you down, you push yourself back over.
You are so strong!! You've actually taken some pretty big chunks of hair out of your sister's head already. I imagine this will get very interesting when you realize what you are actually doing. For now, she just tolerates you hurting her. I mean really, if I look at her wrong she bursts into tears. You pull out her hair Real Housewives of New Jersey style and she laughs in disbelief. She loves you that much.
We're still working on getting you to sit on your own. You're getting there, but you get so excited about everything that you have a tendency to throw yourself backwards a lot. You also still lean to the side a lot, so we'll get you doing some ab work so you can hold yourself up strong;)
Likes: Eating. Clearly. The good news is you also like your exersaucer and just this week you really started jumping around in your little jumparoo. You are quite possibly the biggest snuggle bug ever. Doesn't matter who it is, if you are being held you love to just snuggle right in with whoever has you. I have a feeling that as soon as you are old enough to have a lovey and stuffed animals in bed with you, your bed will look something like your sister's - covered in soft, plush animals with just enough room to squeeze in and fall asleep. You are also a big fan of Winston. About a week ago you noticed him and you squeal with delight whenever he comes near you. Bath time with you is so fun - though we usually end up soaked with puddles all over the bathroom. You like to splash:) Can't wait to get you in Grandma and Papa's pool this summer!
Dislikes: Being alone - you like a room full of people with all eyes on you. Your car seat. In your defense though, it really is getting to small for you and quite honestly you are getting so heavy in it that you have maybe one more week before I'm forced to move you up to the convertible car seat. I was hoping you'd learn how to sit on your own before I had to do that, but we'll deal. Sleeping in the car. So bizarre - your sister and brother would be lights out the second I put the car into gear. We just took a 10 hour trip up to Minnesota to visit Grandma and Opa and you slept for maybe an hour on the way up. Madelyn used to sleep almost the entire trip when she was your age. Jack never got to make that trip, but I'm certain he would have been sawing logs in the back seat. You don't just dislike having your nose cleaned out with the bulb syringe, you hate it with a passion. I mean, I can't imagine it's very fun having your boogers sucked out of your nose, but it has to be better than not breathing. You, apparently, disagree, acting as if we are trying to murder you when we try to clear your nasal passages. I'm honestly waiting for the neighbors to call Child Protective Services on us. Along those lines, you also dislike having your face wiped. It's fine, you'll just be that kid with crusty food and boogers on his face. No, no you will not. Sorry, you will not win this battle.
Favorite Toys: Sophie the Giraffe - best teething toy ever. I scoffed at the price tag, but I gave in and I see its value. You heart Sophie. You also adore anything that smiles at you - the turtle that hangs in your crib, the sun in your exersaucer, Leap the frog. You are happy and you appreciate other happy beings:) You also enjoy toys with mirrors. I don't blame you. You are gorgeous:)
It's funny because you remind me so much of Madelyn and Jack both. You are already 2 months older than Jack ever was here, but the older you get, the more people seem to see him in you. I totally see Madelyn now, especially in your eyes, but you really do look a lot like your brother too. I think it's in the mouth mainly, but the spikey hair and just your boyish features may have something to do with it as well. Either way, you are definitely making your own personality known. We call you Screech. This video I took at the end of April kind of shows why;) It's long, but if you stick it out until the end, you are sure to smile.
Here you are at 6 months old! Growing and filling our hearts up more each day.
We're trying to drink up all of these fleeting moments with both you and Madelyn. We know how they can be gone in the blink of an eye. I hope some day you have children of your own so you can watch the love between them in amazement like Daddy and I watch you and Maddie. She is helping us teach you all about Jack. She still misses him so much, but she knows as we do that he is up there waiting for all of us and watching over us until our jobs here are done. She actually told me the other day that she is so proud of him for finishing his job here so quickly. That is the kind of amazing sister you have, Sam. At four years old, she is so insightful and wise beyond her years. You are one lucky little boy to have her as a sister.
We have a very busy summer on tap, but I promise I will try not to let too much time lapse between posts. Somtimes it's hard to soak up life and write about it at the same time, but I know how many of you like to know how we are doing so I will try to keep you all posted. Day by day, we're making it through. It's still hard and we know it probably always will be. Though most of the big milestones are passed, there's always something we struggle with - sometimes it's big things like his birthday coming up, sometimes just little things like the nagging wonder that fills our minds and that ever present longing to be watching all three of our kids playing together. It's the challenge of not letting that wonder, those what ifs, take over that can be the most difficult. To let them linger just long enough to make us appreciate the blessings in front of us, but not let them cloud our vision and weaken our trust in the Lord. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We still need them and are more appreciative of them than any words will ever express. Happy Summer everyone!! Hopefully we will see many of you as we cross of the calendar days:)
My sweet little Sam is already 6 months old! What?!?!? When did that happen? No, it's true, he's already halfway through his first year of life. I'm very happy to say he is thriving and continues to bring such joy to our lives. I realize I missed his five month old stats, but I assure you I am doing my best to record everything in his baby book for him. Sorry, Mom, I know how the third child can get shafted with the records so I'm doing my best to keep up:)
Sammy - here is a snapshot of you at 6 months old...
Weight: 19lbs 4 oz (85th percentile)
Height: 28 1/3 inches (off the charts)
Head: 46cm (I think, I can't remember exactly...this is also off the charts)
Sleeping: You're doing better, but you are still the worst sleeper of the three. Maybe we've made you too dependent on your nuk, but you wake up a lot more than your sister and brother did during the night. You absolutely will not sleep without a sleep sack. I like to call it your cocoon because once we zip you up into that thing you turn your head to the side and go right to sleep. Recently, you've started sleeping on your side and you move all over the bed! We sometimes look in to find you laying on your side or half on your side with your feet up on the side of your crib. It's anyone's guess where you will be in the bed when we come to get you up from your nap.
Tricks: You can roll both ways now. You started rolling from your tummy to your back at about 4 and a half months and just last week went from your back onto your tummy. We can't keep you on your tummy. As soon as we put you down, you push yourself back over.
You are so strong!! You've actually taken some pretty big chunks of hair out of your sister's head already. I imagine this will get very interesting when you realize what you are actually doing. For now, she just tolerates you hurting her. I mean really, if I look at her wrong she bursts into tears. You pull out her hair Real Housewives of New Jersey style and she laughs in disbelief. She loves you that much.
We're still working on getting you to sit on your own. You're getting there, but you get so excited about everything that you have a tendency to throw yourself backwards a lot. You also still lean to the side a lot, so we'll get you doing some ab work so you can hold yourself up strong;)
Likes: Eating. Clearly. The good news is you also like your exersaucer and just this week you really started jumping around in your little jumparoo. You are quite possibly the biggest snuggle bug ever. Doesn't matter who it is, if you are being held you love to just snuggle right in with whoever has you. I have a feeling that as soon as you are old enough to have a lovey and stuffed animals in bed with you, your bed will look something like your sister's - covered in soft, plush animals with just enough room to squeeze in and fall asleep. You are also a big fan of Winston. About a week ago you noticed him and you squeal with delight whenever he comes near you. Bath time with you is so fun - though we usually end up soaked with puddles all over the bathroom. You like to splash:) Can't wait to get you in Grandma and Papa's pool this summer!
Dislikes: Being alone - you like a room full of people with all eyes on you. Your car seat. In your defense though, it really is getting to small for you and quite honestly you are getting so heavy in it that you have maybe one more week before I'm forced to move you up to the convertible car seat. I was hoping you'd learn how to sit on your own before I had to do that, but we'll deal. Sleeping in the car. So bizarre - your sister and brother would be lights out the second I put the car into gear. We just took a 10 hour trip up to Minnesota to visit Grandma and Opa and you slept for maybe an hour on the way up. Madelyn used to sleep almost the entire trip when she was your age. Jack never got to make that trip, but I'm certain he would have been sawing logs in the back seat. You don't just dislike having your nose cleaned out with the bulb syringe, you hate it with a passion. I mean, I can't imagine it's very fun having your boogers sucked out of your nose, but it has to be better than not breathing. You, apparently, disagree, acting as if we are trying to murder you when we try to clear your nasal passages. I'm honestly waiting for the neighbors to call Child Protective Services on us. Along those lines, you also dislike having your face wiped. It's fine, you'll just be that kid with crusty food and boogers on his face. No, no you will not. Sorry, you will not win this battle.
Favorite Toys: Sophie the Giraffe - best teething toy ever. I scoffed at the price tag, but I gave in and I see its value. You heart Sophie. You also adore anything that smiles at you - the turtle that hangs in your crib, the sun in your exersaucer, Leap the frog. You are happy and you appreciate other happy beings:) You also enjoy toys with mirrors. I don't blame you. You are gorgeous:)
It's funny because you remind me so much of Madelyn and Jack both. You are already 2 months older than Jack ever was here, but the older you get, the more people seem to see him in you. I totally see Madelyn now, especially in your eyes, but you really do look a lot like your brother too. I think it's in the mouth mainly, but the spikey hair and just your boyish features may have something to do with it as well. Either way, you are definitely making your own personality known. We call you Screech. This video I took at the end of April kind of shows why;) It's long, but if you stick it out until the end, you are sure to smile.
Here you are at 6 months old! Growing and filling our hearts up more each day.
We have a very busy summer on tap, but I promise I will try not to let too much time lapse between posts. Somtimes it's hard to soak up life and write about it at the same time, but I know how many of you like to know how we are doing so I will try to keep you all posted. Day by day, we're making it through. It's still hard and we know it probably always will be. Though most of the big milestones are passed, there's always something we struggle with - sometimes it's big things like his birthday coming up, sometimes just little things like the nagging wonder that fills our minds and that ever present longing to be watching all three of our kids playing together. It's the challenge of not letting that wonder, those what ifs, take over that can be the most difficult. To let them linger just long enough to make us appreciate the blessings in front of us, but not let them cloud our vision and weaken our trust in the Lord. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We still need them and are more appreciative of them than any words will ever express. Happy Summer everyone!! Hopefully we will see many of you as we cross of the calendar days:)

No comments:
Post a Comment