Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Introducing...Moondance Interiors

A good friend recently told me that we have to have the courage to do what God put us here to do.  That the devil loves nothing more than to make us doubt ourselves and throw us off the path God laid out for us.  My husband tells me this all the time too when I find myself questioning and doubting.  He says just TRUST.  And that is why God put these people in my life.  He knows I need reminders.

The trouble is, it's not always clear to see where God's path is taking us.  Does anyone else struggle with that?  I can't be the only one. 

One thing I do trust is that God wants me to be happy.  He wants all of us to be happy.  You know what makes me happy?  Well, a lot of things make me happy, but one thing that makes me really happy is designing and decorating spaces.  It makes me happy, it comes easily to me (thanks Mom) and I love to do it!  So...I thought to myself, I said, "Self, why don't you offer your talents to other people?"  So I am.

I'd like to announce that Moondance Interiors is open for business!!  I have debated doing this since before Jack was born, but I've always found a reason not to promote it.  I didn't have the right name.  I don't have the capital to invest in developing a logo, business cards, a proper portfolio...I didn't have projects for a portfolio.  But, enough is enough...and Justin is tired of me coming up with projects for our house and he'd prefer I spend your money decorating your home and leave ours alone for a while.  I don't think he buys the adage that "design is never done". 

For now, I've simply added a tab to this blog outlining some of the services I will offer and their pricing, but in the future I might chronicle some of my work separately.  I will be putting together a portfolio of things I have done in mine and others' homes, but it is still a work in progress.  If you would like to see samples of my work, feel free to request them and I would be happy to send you some photos.

So, do you have a room in your house that is in need of an overhaul?  Are you in the market for a new home but having trouble seeing the hidden potential?  Struggling with organization?  Can't find the right paint color?  Pinning and pinning and pinning, but need someone's help pulling it all together?  Do you need someone to put together a plan that you and your spouse can tackle DIY-style?  Help with holiday decor?  Realtors - have a listing that could use some updating?  Send your clients my way (ahem, ahem listing agent NEXT DOOR to me!)!!
Whatever your design dilemma, big or small, email me at staeblerannie@gmail.com to get started!!  And feel free to spread the word.  Don't worry about a job being too small...nothing is too small for me:) And don't worry about a job being too big. I will let you know if it's not something I feel like I can devote enough time and energy to right now. After all, I do have a full time job, this is just something fun for me to do "on the side".

To those of you who have been encouraging me all these years...thank you!  And to those of you waiting for the courage to do what you have been wanting to do...here is your kick in the pants.  Get after it...you've got this!!  Ready.  Set.  Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS