Six months ago today, this beautiful baby boy changed our lives forever. A trip down memory lane, in photos.
As I sit here today with tears in my eyes, I remember how happy we were that day. We really miss you today, Jack. We're trying with all our might to push the sadness aside so the happiness of remembering can take center stage, but we plain old miss you. We wonder what you'd be like today. How many teeth would you have? What foods would you like? What would be your favorite stories and toys? How big would you be?
These milestone days are tough. They are the days we are most mournful - of what we lost and what we continue to be robbed of. We'll never get the answers to the questions in our heads today and I've got to be honest, I'm angry. On the 11th of every month, I am just plain angry. I won't apologize for it. I won't try to stifle it. On the 11th of every month, from now until I don't know when, I am allowing myself to feel angry because instead of celebrating new milestones, I am painfully reminded of my broken heart, my empty arms and the new path my life is on...like it or not. Tomorrow, I will go back to looking for the good, but today I just miss Jack. Today, today is one of the dark days and that's ok. It's just one of those days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



pushing all the love, sympathy and good vibes as I possibly can out of my heart today to you. --dana
ReplyDeleteGoing to say a prayer for you today at lunch. May God grant you the strength you need today my dear friend. Thanks for sharing Annie with all of us who care for you all so very much. All my love!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little boy. No apologies necessary! I am so sorry you have to go through this-it sucks......
ReplyDelete