Tuesday, February 7, 2012

2 Months Old?!?!

It’s true what they say. (Who are “they” though?) Time really does fly when you’re sleep deprived having fun.  Sam is already two months old!  Thanks to the way the calendar lines up, that really translates to 9, almost 10 weeks at this point, but I digress.

I took him in for his 2 month well-baby check up on February 1st and I'm happy to report he is the happiest, heathiest boy on the block! He’s doing all the right things…you know, growing, smiling, trying to lift his head up when he’s on his tummy.  Those are big things when you are 2 months old!
Sam, here are some things I want to remember about you at 2 months old:

Weight: 12lbs 15oz (75th percentile)
Height: 23.5 inches(85th percentile)
  • You eat 4-5oz every 3-4 hours
  • You JUST started sleeping through the night!  On February 3rd you went to bed at 9pm and slept until 5:30.  We had a little setback a couple days later when you decided to get up twice (which you have never done even as a newborn), but I’m happy to say that last night you did it again!! 8:30-5:30.  THANK YOUJ
    • A sub-point to this…I do sometimes have to come give you the nuk at about 3am, but you usually smile at me, take the nuk and go right back to sleep.
  • Back to the eating…you really dislike being interrupted to burp.  One of these days I’m going to get that scream you give us on video because it cracks me up.
  • You do have a fussy time, usually around 7pm.  We just snuggle with you and talk to you and you settle down or fall asleep.  The cranks are usually gone by 8.
  • You are our first child to actually not mind being on your tummy.  I have a feeling you are going to be like your sister and be sleeping in your tummy with your bum in the air when you get a little bigger…and just so you know, I will be flipping you back onto your back when you do that;)
  • You have the sweetest little smile and coos.  It’s almost like your eyes smile before your face does.  So. Stinkin’. Cute!
  • You are very strong!  You like to grab onto the finger of whoever is feeding you and holy cow do you have a grip!  Maddie, of course, thinks this is fantastic.
  • You are wearing 3 month clothes, for the most part, but I don’t think 6 months are too far away as you are so long/tall that you fill out every bit of the 3 month sleepers. 
  • You have really long arms! This is something unique to you – the sleeves on Madelyn and Jack’s clothes were never short.
  • We’ll see if this holds true, but you seem to favor your right leg.  When you lay on your back you kick, kick, kick with that leg way more than your left.
  • Your eyes are still blue and we suspect they are going to stay that way – people say you look like Maddie…but there’s a little of Jack in there too.
  • You aren’t laughing yet, but you are getting close to letting out some giggles.  Right now it’s still the open-mouthed, laughing without sound and, of course, it’s adorable.
  • You’re kind of a Mama’s boy, and that’s ok with meJ
Now, here are some pictures we took to mark the day you turned 2 months old.  I’ll throw some images of Madelyn and Jack at 2 months in there, just because that is always fun;)




And here is Madelyn at 2 months old...



And Jack...


 And tomorrow, I'll be 31.  EEEEEKK!!  Just kidding, I really don't mind;)


1 comment:

  1. Happy 2 months to your darling Sam! Our Jack will be two months on Saturday... maybe someday they'll be buds!

    Hope you had a great 31st Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS